Email is one of the most effective marketing tools there is. It’s efficient, low cost, allows for the sharing of files, links and images, and gets your message right into the receiver’s inbox. Here’s 5 tips to helping you efficiently build your email list with quality contacts.
- Sign up with an email service such as Constant Contact or Mail Chimp. These services will allow you to create and schedule emails, and manage contact lists.
- Have an email capture form on your home page and blog. These forms are provided by your email service and are easy to customize.
- Give visitors a great reason to give you their email address. Offer a free report, an e-book, or access to a special web site. Experiment with different offers to see what works best.
- Ask for the minimal amount of information on your email form. A first name and email address is often enough. Asking for too much information such as company, city, and phone number can be a turn off.
- Make your first email welcoming. Keep it short, friendly, and be sure to include whatever you were offering. Don’t give your life story or try to hard sell.
Marc Gordon is a marketing expert and professional speaker. Get more marketing tips on his website, marcgordon.ca and on his online show, marctv.net.