How was last for you? If you’re like most business owners, regardless of the fiscal performance of your company, you’ll likely say you worked too hard and were too stressed. In large part, this is due to taking on too many responsibilities and setting unrealistic goals. So what better time than now to discover 5 tips that will make you more productive and less stressed in the new year.
- Focus on what’s been working and don’t be afraid to abandon what hasn’t. Define how success should be measured in each area, then examine your administrative, operating and marketing processes to find those areas that are working and those that need improvement.
- Create lots of small goals instead of a few big ones. They will be easier to reach, thus keeping you motivated. Big goals take too much time to accomplish, making it easy to get distracted and lose focus.
- Clean up your image. Make sure your web site and marketing materials are current and up to date. Check out your competitors sites to see how you measure up.
- Create new relationships. Whether in person or through social media, make an effort to reach out to others. It’s not who you know, but who knows you.
- Give yourself a life. Sure it’s your livelihood, but its still just a job. Know when to leave the laptop at home, turn off the phone, and create an auto respond vacation email. Your sanity (and family) will thank you for it. And I guarantee no legitimate client will leave you.
Marc Gordon is a marketing expert and professional speaker. Get more marketing tips on his website, marcgordon.ca and on his online show, marctv.net.