While Twitter has become a great tool for social interaction and networking, many companies are still unsure how, or why, to use it. But in fact Twitter can be a great sales tool for almost any retail business. Here’s 5 tips for using Twitter to increase your retail sales:
- Place a Twitter link on your web site and in all your promotion material with an incentive to follow you (daily specials, exclusive offers, coupons, etc.).
- Be picky as to who you follow back. Following back some customers but not others can lead to resentment. So stick to manufacturers, associations, and industry insiders.
- Schedule tweets throughout the day. Use a free Twitter tool like HootSuite or TweetDeck to manage your account activity.
- Keep it strictly business. Don’t tweet about personal stuff or anything that could dilute your message or negatively influence your image.
- Keep the conversation going. Thank people for following, ask opinions, respond to comments, answer questions, and use your Twitter account as a customer service tool.
Marc Gordon is a marketing expert and professional speaker. Get more marketing tips on his website, marcgordon.ca and on his online show, marctv.net.