EVENT PLANNER RESOURCES
Thanks for your interest in having Marc contribute to the success of your event. To make as easy as possible for you, all relevant event planner resources have been assembled on this page.
Trust that Marc will go that extra mile for you and your audience. Beyond making himself accessible before and after the presentation, he will also provide PDF files of custom worksheets and notes for all participants. In some instances he will also create exclusive online content for your group or organization.
This is your event and Marc wants it to be the best it can be. If there’s something he can do to help make it extra special, please let him know and he will do his best to make it happen.
If you would like to have Marc speak at your next event or have any questions regarding his presentations, please contact him directly at (416) 238-7811. A 50% deposit and signed agreement will secure your date. The balance of your investment would be due on or before the date of the presentation.
For events within a reasonable driving distance from Toronto, Marc will drive to the presentation himself. For locations beyond driving range, round trip economy airfare, ground transportation, lodging, and meal allowance would have to be arranged. For scheduling purposes, we request to make all flight arrangements with related costs added to the invoice. We would ask that lodging be arranged by the event organizer. Lodging for local events is decided on a per case basis.
- Driving mileage is calculated at $0.50 per kilometer
- Air travel is booked from Pearson International Airport or Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport unless otherwise specified
- Flights over 3.5 hours will be booked on Business Class Travel
- Travel and related fees are in addition to basic speaking fees
- Marc will make travel arrangements himself and invoice the client unless otherwise agreed upon
- Hotel accommodation to be booked at the conference location if applicable
- Overnight accommodations may be required based on travel time, presentation schedule or weather and are decided on a per situation basis
- Meals are billed back to the client with accompanying receipts
- Any additional travel costs such as baggage fees, courier fees, taxi, and parking will be added to the invoice
- Miscellaneous expenses relating to the event such as porter charges and gratuities are charged back to the client
For out of town events, Marc will typically arrive the day before the event to meet with organizers and survey the facility. Depending on the time of the presentation, a second night may also be required.
Room Setup and AV Requirements
In order to put on the very best presentation possible, Marc asks for the following items to be provided:
- A well lit stage area
- A small table on stage with 2 bottles of room temperature water
- A stool or tall chair
AV and computer
- A wireless lavaliere or headset microphone with extra batteries
- LCD projector set for 16:9 with laptop VGA or HDMI connection cables
- Projection screen large enough to be seen by the audience
- A monitor facing the stage
- A wireless remote for controlling presentation slides
- Audio required for PowerPoint file
- Slide file will be provided as a PowerPoint file (.pptx format)
- No Wi-Fi required
By default, Marc will bring his presentation on a Mac laptop with a slide remote unless instructed otherwise. All presentation slides are done with PowerPoint. If you would prefer the slides be loaded off your own computer, please let Marc know.
Intro and outro audio mp3 files are also provided. These would need to be played by the AV technician or embedded into the PowerPoint file.
Depending on the time and location of the event, Marc may need to change into presentation attire. Please ensure there is a private room available for this.
Saying something nice about someone you hardly know can be a very tough job. So here are a selection of podium introductions, each one specific to its presentation. They are Word files so you can easily add more nice things should you feel inclined.
Click on any image to download a larger image suitable for printing or placing into a web site.