Five easy ways to manage your social media efforts
For many business owners, social media can be a stressful endeavor. Between the investment of time, the challenge of measuring returns, plus keeping up with the latest platform, it’s no wonder so many entrepreneurs are giving up in frustration. So here’s 5 tips to help you manage your social media efforts – and expectations.
- Set goals. Are you trying to build awareness, increase sales, or become a resource? Understanding the role you want to take will better help you stay focused and motivated.
- Know your audience. What platform are they using? There’s no point in creating a Facebook page for an audience that would much rather read a blog.
- Pick a platform. With so many social media sites, it can be overwhelming trying to manage them all. Pick one or two that you’re comfortable with while still allowing you to reach your audience.
- Have a strategy. Creating a “destination” for your audience can help you measure success. For example, you can offer a free eBook through your Facebook page that visitors can receive when they give you their email. In this case, getting their email address is your real goal.
- Manage your time. Instead of running your social media campaign in small increments throughout the day, set aside a block of time and stick to it. Mobile devices also make it easy to manage social sites during down times like standing in line at the bank.
Marc Gordon is a marketing expert and professional speaker. Get more marketing tips on his website, marcgordon.ca and on his online show, marctv.net.